The Arcadia Bird Lamp has been developed in order to provide an artificial source of ultraviolet (UV) light, which is essential to captive birds denied exposure to direct sunlight.
A great entry level lighting product for the bird in your home, the arcadia bird lamp bulb fits with either of two lamp holders from Arcadia - the basic Arcadia Lamp Holder or the new Arcadia Compact Lighting Unit. The two holders can be fitted onto most bird cages and parrot cages for ease of use in the home. The lamp bulb also fits into any E27 screw fit lamp.
The use of a light source that mimics the natural UV content of sunlight has recognised health benefits, and provides birds with a more natural view their surroundings, encouraging natural behaviour and in many cases improved breeding results.
Unlike normal fluorescent lamps, the Arcadia Bird Lamp uses special UV emitting phosphors to replicate the spectral pattern of sunlight with 12% of the total light output emitted as UV-A and 2.4% UV-B.
- Compact bulb designed for use in lamps positioned over birdcages in the home
- Produces excellent natural colours and iridescence
- 2.4% UVB and 12% UVA for optimal avian use
- Improves feeding and breeding behaviour
Additional features of the compact lamp bulb include:
- Screw fitting for ease of use in the home
- Fits straight into household light socket - no need for a ballast
- Electronic - zero flicker, even to the eyes of the bird
- Energy saving 20W lamp
- Output equivalent to 100W incandescent bulb