Red Mite Powder is an effective repellent to be applied to poultry as a proactive "on bird" deterrent to infestation or to rectify an existing problem.
- Suitable for use un organic farming systems as it falls into the exempt category of products which use only plant oils as active ingredients, as listed in Annexe IIB (Pesticides) of Council Regulation (EEC) No 2092/91 (as amended).
- Contains only pure and natural ingredients
- It's active ingredient is synergised tropical plant extract mixed with a blend of herbal and essential oils. All of which are proven very effective for this purpose.
- Sterilizable maize is used as the carrier and unlike other carriers, it will not metabolise via cuts, abrasions, scabs, grazes or dry flaky skin areas and form granulomas.
How To Use
- The powder can be dusted onto the birds or added to the dust bath.
- Red mite is a nocturnal creature so it's best to spray the birds before lights out.
- Dim the lights as low as practically possible to avoid any undue agitation amongst the birds.
- Don't forget that red mite can live away from the bird for up to 36 weeks.
- Lightly dust Red Mite Powder over the birds. Dependant upon infestation, the powder can be applied again after 5/6 weeks.
Do not apply to birds under 7 days old.
Thoroughly dust the birds with the powder avoiding the eyes, nasal area and open wounds, applying sparingly to smaller birds.
Staying power: Red Mite Powder contains minute slow release granules that remain effective for up to six weeks - depending upon infestation and conditions.
Fully HSE approved - Licence no. 8309. In accordance with the Biocidal Products Directive, regulations require any product which holds itself out as any form of repellent to secure an approval and licence number from the Health & Safety Executive (HSE). This approval requires the active ingredient (Ai) to be listed on the label together with the amount of Ai being used. In April, 2006 Barrier Animal Healthcare secured the necessary approval and the licence number 8309 for this product.
Use biocides safely.
Always read the label and product information before use.
.Never use chemical based products in conjunction with our natural products as this could render ours useless.