** Please note that the 500g option is special order, allow up to 21 days for delivery **
Oropharma Can-Tax is a red colourant based on canthaxanthin. This dietary supplement colours red canaries, intensifies the red colour in other birds and ensures a beautiful even red colour. As feathers consist of dead cells and are consequently not fed by the metabolism, they absorb the colour when they are formed. On average, the plumage is changed once a year. However not in one go. The moulting of the old feathers is stimulated by the formation of new ones and this is a gradual process so that the bird keeps a full plumage. When adding Can-Tax to the food canthaxanthin is transported to the place where the feather is growing and it is given the more intense red colour. Beta-apo-8-carotenal ensures even better absorption of canthaxanthin. The feather formed retains its colour until the formation of a new feather.
Directions for use
- Packs of 20 g and 150 g: 1 level measure (= 1 g) per 100 g Orlux eggfood or per 200 ml of drinking water.
- Pot of 500 g: 1 level measure (= 5 g) per 500 g Orlux eggfood or per 1 litre of drinking water.
- During the breeding season: 2 weeks before laying the first egg.
- During the moulting: daily for the entire period.
- Doubling the dose is recommended during the moult.
- Show birds: daily, all year round.
- E161g - Canthaxanthin 15.000 mg/kg
- E172 - Iron oxide red 2.500 mg/kg
- EU authorized colourants
Composition: Glucose, Maize starch, Colourants