Harrison's Bird Bread Mix Hot Pepper
Our Price: £11.50
Brand: Harrison's Bird Foods
255g packet of Bird Bread
- Provides a healthy alternative for bird owners who choose to prepare their own bird food or those who give regular treats to their birds
- Can be offered instead of table food to birds that like to eat at family mealtimes
- Can be used to assist in converting birds to a formulated diet
- Can be hidden as a foraging reward
- Can be used as a vehicle for administering liquid medications
- Provides an easy-to-use transition for hospitalized or boarding birds until acceptance of the appropriate formulated diet
- Can be moistened and offered to birds that are feeding chicks as a soft food
- Can be used as a weaning food to transition to a formulated diet
- May make up to
- 30% of the daily diet.
- For maximum nutrition, use one .5 oz (15ml) Packet Sunshine Factor (certified organic palm fruit oil) instead of cooking oil when baking. (15ml = 1 Tablespoon)
- · Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) .
- · Combine entire bag of mix with 2 whole organic eggs - no shell (remove yolk for less fat), 1 Packet (15 ml) Sunshine Factor® or other high quality organic vegetable oil, and 1 cup (235 ml) water.
- · Fill greased bread pan or muffin tins and bake for 25-35 minutes.
- · Do not bake in nonstick (PTFE-coated) cookware, as the fumes are toxic to birds.
- · If prepared with the addition of fruits, vegetables or nuts, Bird Bread should be considered a "treat" and fed only in limited quantities (no more than 10% of the daily food allotment when combined with all other treats).
- · Can be served warm.
- · Some flavorings (vanilla, maple) or herbs can be added as long as they do not change the nutritional content.
- · Bird Bread can be stored for 1 week in the refrigerator and up to 6 weeks in the freezer after baking.
- · Baked Bird Bread can be divided into portions, wrapped in plastic wrap and placed back in the original Harrison's Bird Foods bag for storage in the freezer.
- · Bird Bread should not be reheated in a plastic container.
HOT PEPPER: *
Harrison's Bird Foods (Adult Lifetime Coarse & Fine, High Potency Coarse & Fine),Grey Millet, Sweet Corn,Cayenne Pepper, Baking Powder,(caluminum-free) calcium carbonate
Customers who bought this item also bought: