Versele Laga Can-Tax
Versele Laga Can-Tax is a red colourant based on canthaxanthin. This dietary supplement colours red canaries, intensifies the red colour in other birds and ensures a beautiful even red colour. As feathers consist of dead cells and are consequently not fed by the metabolism, they absorb the colour when they are formed. On average, the plumage is changed once a year, however not always all at once. The moulting of the old feathers is stimulated by the formation of new ones and this is a gradual process so that the bird keeps a full plumage. When adding Can-Tax to the food canthaxanthin is transported to the place where the feather is growing and it is given the more intense red colour. Beta-apo-8-carotenal ensures even better absorption of canthaxanthin. The feather formed retains its colour until the formation of a new feather.
Directions for use
- 1 level measure (=1g) per 100g eggfood or per 200ml of drinking water.
- During the breeding season: 2 weeks before laying the first egg.
- During the moulting: daily for the entire period.
- Doubling the dose is recommended during the moult.
- Show birds: daily, all year round.
Use in combination with Versele Laga Avi-Chol for an optimal liver function
Glucose, maize starch
Vitamin E 2000 mg, E1 Iron-Fe/Ferric oxide 2500 mg
E 161g Canthaxanthin 15000 mg