Deli Nature Start + High Energy Hand Rearing Forumla
Suitable for all types of birds with a high need for energy such as African grey, eclectus parrot, macaws, black cockatoo, golden conure,… and all baby birds of less than nine days of age. Start+ HE contains all nutrients to guarantee good growth and a wellbalanced development of the babies. The added probiotic (Bacillus Subtilis) as well as the prebiotics support the crop- and intestinal flora and optimise the digestion of the feed. The presence of DHA (essential fatty acids) contribute to an optimal omega-6 and omega-3 balance and supports the resistance against pathogenic bacteria. The presence of organic acids ensure an ideal acidity environment in the crop.
INSTRUCTION FOR USE
- Mix Deli Nature START+ with hot water (see table for ratios) in a clean container.
- Ideally use bottled water that is suitable for baby food, if not possible, use tap water you would boil to kill possible pathogenic bacteria.
- Stir the hand rearing feed and the water to obtain homogenous mash. Let it rest for a while after stirring.
- When the mash has reached the right temperature of 39°- 43°C, stir it again to avoid the ingredients from separating.
HATCHING - DAY 4
1 part START+
6 parts water
DAY 5 - DAY 13
1 part START+
5 parts water
DAY 14 - WEANING
1 part START+
4 parts water
- 19,5% Crude protein
- 14% Crude fat
- 2,5% Crude fibre
- 4,4% Crude ash
- 0,9% Calcium
- 0,65% Phosphore
- 0,16% Sodium
- 1,15% Lysin
- 0,55% Methionine
- 0,25% Tryptophane
- 13.000 IE/UI/IU E672 Vitamin A
- 1440 IE/UI/IU E671 Vitamin D3
- 200 mg 3a700 Vitamin E (all-rac-alfa tocopheryl acetate)
- 2,8 mg Vitamin K3
- 280 μg Biotin
- 1,4 mg 3a316 Folic acid
- 400 mg L-Carnitine
• Bacillus subtilis C-3102 109 CFU/kg
- 6 mg E4 Copper (cupric sulphate, pentahydrate)
- 6 mg E4 Copper (Cupric chelate of amino acids hydrated)
- 25 mg E5 Manganese (manganous sulphate monohydrate)
- 25 mg E5 Manganese (Manganese chelate of amino acids hydrate)
- 30 mg E6 Zinc (zinc sulphate heptahydrate)
- 30 mg E6 Zinc (Zinc chelate of glycine hydrate)
- 1,6 mg E2 Iodine (potassium iodide)
- 0,16 mg E8 Selenium (sodium selenite)
- 0,16 mg Selenium (Organic form of Selenium produced by Saccharomyces cerevisiae CNCM I-3060 (Selenised yeast inactivated)
Always prepare fresh mash for each feeding! It is better to have the mash a bit more runny to stimulate good digestion and give one feed per day more!
HAND REARING FOOD has truly caused a big change in the world of bird breeding. It is the solution for numerous problems encountered during the breeding of birds.
In bird breeding in general, things have become much more professional during the last few decades. Keeping and breeding exclusive and costly birds, a higher number of eggs because of better feed, multiple sittings per year... and not to forget the hand tame indoor birds have caused a tremendous rise in the demand for hand rearing food. Hand rearing can be done in different ways. It can be done with a small spoon (sides bent), via injection or with a crop tube. Depending on the type of bird and the preference of the bird lover, the birds can be fed by hand. Hygiene is the most important aspect during the hand rearing. As a bird lover, one needs to make ensure that all recipients and containers are clean (spoons, injection devices, pots, brooders,…). Ideally, all recipients used should be cleaned in between different feeding sessions in order to keep the chances for infection as little as possible. If this is not done well enough, the vulnerable chicks will be more prone to contract infections, with disastrous consequences.
Other elements we need to take into account as a bird lover:
- THE TEMPERATURE of the food delivered to the bird. Depending on the type and age, it should be between 39°C and 43°C.
- The feeding FREQUENCY. This depends on the age of the chick, the thickness of the mash and the way of feeding. Newborn chicks in their first week need to have a thinner mash every two hours. Afterwards, the mash can become thicker and the feeding can be done every four to five hours. The best indication is crop emptying. Make sure the crop is empty when feeding again. This is to minimise the formation of acid and crop fungus.
- QUANTITY. The amount of hand rearing feed to be given to the baby birds depends on various factors. As a rule, give 10% of their weight per feed. Obviously, this is also depending on the variety.
TIP: we advise as from day one after hatching to give a few drops of water with FLORA+, yoghurt whey,… This will avoid dehydration of the baby and will allow the crop and intestinal flora to work. As from the second day, the mash can be given in very thin consistency. Ideally, one can add more FLORA+ during the first week in order to support
DELI NATURE START+ has a slightly coarser structure (< 2mm). After a few days, the parents will be picking peeled seeds. Thanks to the coarser structure of START+ we are
imitating nature as closely as possible. This stimulates the function and the working of the crop and optimises the digestion of the feed.