In The Complete Guide to Successful Sprouting for Parrots, Leslie Morán, with her dedication to happiness and well-being in both body and soul, brings to life the benefits and pleasures of including living sprouts in our diets—and those of our pets, as well.
Until fairly recently, these wonder vegetables haven’t been given the recognition they deserve in modern, westernized diets, but the more one learns about them and how positively they can affect our health and general well-being, the more one wonders why we’ve neglected them for so long. A diet rich in fruit, nuts, seeds and raw vegetables is known to promote good health. Add to that sprouted, living vegetables, and we increase our chances of keeping tissues and cells clear of what could be called acidic debris, and of keeping our immune and digestive systems strong.
- Why Feed Sprouts?
- Organic or Commercial Foods, Is There a Difference?
- Successful Sprouting
- Caring for your Sprouts
- Now, Who Will Eat Them?
- Nutritious Meals for the Whole Family
- Appendix A - Resources & Additional information
- Appendix B - Trouble Shooting
- Appendix C - Preventative Nutrition for Cats & Dogs
- Appendix D - Homemade Egg Food
- Appendix E - General Sprouting Guidelines
- About the Author